Last Updated on January 24, 2024 by Michael Smith
Did you know that commercial janitorial services are an effective way to prevent pest infestations? Keeping your premises clean and hygienic makes it difficult for pests to survive and breed. Regular cleaning removes food residues and spills that attract pests like ants, cockroaches, and rodents. Proper waste management and disposal also help to eliminate food sources for pests.
A professional commercial office cleaning service can inspect and clean hard-to-reach areas like ducts, vents, and drains, which can harbor pests and their eggs. Maintaining a clean and clutter-free environment is critical to preventing pest infestations and maintaining a healthy and safe workplace for your employees and customers.
Let’s keep reading to discuss the effect of overflowing trash bins and how commercial janitorial services can help.
Pest Prevention for Commercial Cleaning
Pest prevention is an essential aspect of commercial cleaning. It is crucial to implement a few practices to ensure your premises are pest-free. Firstly, regular cleaning is required to eliminate food sources and breeding grounds for pests. This action includes cleaning floors, walls, and surfaces to remove food residues and spills that attract pests.
Proper waste management and disposal also help to prevent pests by removing potential food sources. Secondly, sealing cracks and crevices in walls, floors, and doors can help prevent pests from entering your premises. Thirdly, regular inspection and cleaning of hard-to-reach areas such as ducts, vents, and drains can help to eliminate potential hiding places and breeding grounds for pests.
Finally, it’s paramount to work with a professional commercial cleaning service with experience in pest prevention that provides customized solutions for your specific needs. By implementing these pest prevention measures, you can ensure a clean and healthy environment for your employees and customers while preventing costly pest infestations.
5 Signs of a Pest Infestation
Pest infestations can have consequences for your business, so knowing the signs to look out for is paramount.
Here are five common signs of a pest infestation:
- Droppings: Pests like rodents, cockroaches, and ants leave droppings behind. Look for small, dark droppings in areas where pests are likely to be present. You can use a flashlight for darker places like the basement, closets, and utility rooms.
- Gnaw Marks: Rodents and other pests can gnaw on wires, furniture, and other objects. Look for small holes or marks on walls, furniture, and other surfaces. Rodents are not experts at cleaning up their mess; therefore, these signs are easy to see.
- Foul Odors: Pests can produce unpleasant odors, especially when their numbers are high. If you notice any unusual smells in your premises, it could be a good sign of a pest infestation.
- Nesting Materials: Pests such as rodents and birds use various materials to build their nests. Look for shredded paper, fabrics, and other materials in unusual places.
- Live or Dead Pests: Seeing live or dead pests in your premises is a good indicator of an infestation. Look for pests in dark corners, under furniture, and other hidden areas.
If you notice any of these signs, it’s critical to immediately prevent the infestation from spreading. Contact commercial janitorial services such as Southwest Building Maintenance and our professional pest control service to identify the source of the infestation and develop a customized plan to eliminate the pests and prevent future infestations.
What Causes a Commercial Pest Infestation?
A few factors can cause commercial pest infestation. Pests are attracted to dirty environments where they can find food, water, and shelter. Poor sanitation practices such as leaving food residues and spills, can attract pests such as cockroaches, ants, and rodents.
Cluttered areas provide ideal hiding places for pests. Pests such as rodents and cockroaches can hide in cluttered areas and breed, leading to infestations. Pests can enter your premises through small cracks and crevices in walls, floors, and doors. Pests can enter and infest your premises through unsealed entry points.
Standing water can attract pests such as mosquitoes and flies. If there are areas of standing water at your premises, it’s critical to remove them to prevent pest infestations. Call or contact Southwest Building Maintenance today to stop the effect of overflowing trash bins and receive the best commercial janitorial services in Tuscon, Arizona.