Last Updated on October 21, 2020 by Michael Smith
As your southern Arizona business becomes busier, you may need a day porter to keep your facility looking and running its best. By hiring a professional company, you will receive knowledgeable, dedicated and well-trained personnel that can take on other tasks that are not usually associated with being a day porter. This can include meeting delivery people, moving packages around the premises or even making coffee. The day porter services Tucson are there to make your day go more smoothly.
Before hiring a day porter, make sure you have a clear definition of what you want that person to do. In most cases, day porters clean the front doors and keep up with the restrooms. Some may be willing to expand beyond these duties. In any case, a porter who knows exactly what is expected of them will provide more value than one who is always guessing or is simply overwhelmed.
Tips for Using a Day Porter Service
The following eight tips will help you get the best results from your day porter:
• Have a clear job description. This will make hiring the right person easier.
• Ensure that the janitorial service provider does a background check. You want to work with someone you can trust.
• Insist on a drug test before the porter begins work on your premises.
• Ask the janitorial contractor to have a substitute porter available if the regular person cannot make it to work. The substitute porter should be trained for all phases of work in your building.
• Make sure your contract with the janitorial service allows for other duties to be reasonably assigned to the porter.
• Before assigning more work to your porter, consider what they are already doing and the amount of time it takes. Do not overwhelm the person with too many extra tasks.
• Emphasize what jobs are the most important to you to prevent the porter from doing only what they enjoy. Good communication will ensure that you will get your point across and be able to redirect the person when necessary.
• Do not hesitate to contact the janitorial provider when things are not going well. The service is there to help you manage the relationship.