Last Updated on November 15, 2023 by Michael Smith
If you are like most business owners working and trying to manage a fast paced work environment, having a regular office cleaning schedule is paramount to keeping everything clean and running as it should. With so much on your plate and duties to perform, worrying about a clean office should be the last thing on your itinerary.
Your office operates on a system, and keeping the space clean is no different. You want the workspace to be attractive, efficient and consistent, and creating a cleaning plan will help you to meet those goals. When you are looking for the office cleaning Tucson trusts, the following considerations should be kept in mind:
• Written plan. This will keep everyone on the same page regarding expectations and accountability.
• Details. An exact schedule with the items and areas to be cleaned will prevent oversights.
• Standards. Documenting how everything should be cleaned avoids confusion.
• Clear communication. A solid cleaning plan that is well communicated creates an acceptable operating procedure that can evolve through time and allow for adjustments.
How to Create an Office Cleaning Plan
The first step is walking through your premises and seeing what needs to be done. The maintenance level and frequency of cleaning can be changed if needed, so you can begin with what currently works best for your company. A professional commercial cleaning company can also perform this audit and make recommendations.
Consider the following factors during your walkthrough:
• Exterior. Trash removal, parking lot care, sidewalk cleanup and periodic power washing should be considered. Not every commercial cleaning service will do outside work, so be sure to ask about it up front.
• Entry and windows. The entrance to your business is where customers and vendors get their first impression, so make it count by having it maintained daily, especially in the winter. Most cleaning companies will also clean the interior glass, so add the task to your plan.
• Waiting room. This space often sees high traffic and should always be prioritized. Daily dusting and vacuuming is a must, as is wiping off all surfaces that people touch, including tables, chairs, counters and door handles. If your waiting room has blinds or shades, these should be regularly cleaned as well.
• Restrooms. Both public and employee restrooms should be cleaned and sanitized each day. Ensure that your plan includes restocking of paper towels, toilet paper and soap.
• Office area. This space should receive a great deal of attention because it is where your workers spend most of their time. All trash should be removed and flat surfaces should be wiped daily, including keyboards, mice and desktops. This stops the spread of bacteria that can make your staff sick.
When you need the office cleaning Tucson relies on, Southwestern Building Maintenance is always available to keep your building in optimal condition.